Terms of Service
By using this website, you acknowledge and agree that you are aware of the risks associated with any investment in non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and crypto-assets in general, and the extreme volatile nature of them. You also acknowledge and agree that the UNIC shall not be held liable for such risks or adverse outcomes.
- UNIC is a private university in Cyprus, with registered address of 46 Makedonitissas Avenue, CY-2417, P.O. Box 24005, CY-1700, and Nicosia, Cyprus.
- User is every individual or legal person that accesses, downloads, interacts or uses the website and its content.
- Property means assets of any kind, whether corporeal or incorporeal, movable or immovable, tangible or intangible, and legal documents or instruments in any form, including electronic or digital, evidencing title to or an interest in such assets.
Declarations & Basic Information
- The User understands and acknowledges that the UNIC does not in any manner contain information on this website that constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by the UNIC or any third parties to buy or sell any asset, cryptocurrency or other financial instruments. The User also acknowledges that the UNIC’s affiliates do not provide any investment recommendation in connection with the Website’s operation, nor do they give any advice or offer or any opinion with respect to the suitability, profitability or appropriateness regarding any investment, property or cryptocurrency. The User is responsible for determining whether an investment strategy is suitable for him/her.
- The User should consult with an attorney, financial advisor, or other investment professional to determine what may be best for his or her individual needs. The UNIC does not make any guarantee or other promises as to any results that may be obtained from using its website or its content. The UNIC provides a tool for you to facilitate, at your own risk, the calculations of non fungible token market capitalizations and NFTs ecosystem(s) valuations.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the UNIC disclaims any and all liabilities in the event any information, commentary, analysis, opinion and/or recommendation contained in the website prove to be inaccurate, incomplete or unreliable or result in any investment or other losses for the User. In general, the User’s use of the information on the website or materials linked from the website is at his or her own risk and we strongly advise you to give special attention to the volatile characteristics of the market, the regulatory updates and all the information provided by us or other websites, since most of the articles on that industry are not verified for the truthfulness and accurateness of the information provided and it is very difficult sometimes to distinguish an informative from a provocative article. Please, proceed with care and common sense.
- The UNIC does not provide to the Users of its website any service and shall not be held liable for any service whatsoever.
- The UNIC may occasionally and at its sole discretion change the Terms & Conditions of its present website.
Website Usage Guidelines
- You are prohibited to use our website, including any of its content, for resale or commercial purposes, including transactions on behalf of other persons or entities. These actions are expressly prohibited and constitute a material violation of these Terms & Conditions. The content layout, format, function and access rights to this website should be stipulated in the discretion of the UNIC. The UNIC reserves all rights, including those not expressly granted in these Terms & Conditions.
- The UNIC grants you permission to use this website for non-commercial use. Other use, reproduction, copying, duplication or distribution of this website or its contents without prior written permission from the UNIC is prohibited.
- The UNIC owns any feedback, suggestions, ideas, or other information or materials (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Feedback”) about the UNIC or its website that you provide through email, or other ways. You hereby transfer all rights, ownership and interests of the Feedback and all related intellectual property rights to the UNIC. You have no right and hereby waive any request for acknowledgment or compensation based on any Feedback, or any modifications based on any Feedback.
- Without prior written consent from the UNIC, you may not modify, replicate, duplicate, copy, download, store, further transmit, disseminate, transfer, disassemble, broadcast, publish, remove or alter any copyright statement or label, or license, sub-license, sell, mirror, design, rent, lease, private label, grant security interests in the properties or any part of the properties, or create their derivative works or otherwise take advantage of any part of the properties.
- You may not:
- use any deep linking, web crawlers, bots, spiders or other automatic devices, programs, scripts, algorithms or methods, or any similar or equivalent manual processes to access, obtain, copy or monitor any part of the properties, or replicate or bypass the navigational structure or presentation of our website content in any way, in order to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information in any manner not purposely provided through us;
- attempt to access any part or function of the properties without authorization, or connect to our servers or any other systems or networks by hacking, password mining or any other unlawful or prohibited means;
- probe, scan or test the vulnerabilities of our website, server(s) or any network(s) connected to the properties, or violate any of our security or authentication measures or network(s);
- reverse look-up, track or seek to track any information of any other Users or visitors of our website;
- take any actions that impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of our systems or networks or the infrastructure of any systems or networks connected to ours;
- use any devices, software or routine programs to interfere with the normal operation of our website, or any other person’s use of our website;
- forge headers, impersonate, or otherwise manipulate identification, to disguise your identity or the origin of any messages or transmissions you send to us; or
- use our website in an illegal way.
- By accessing our website, you agree that we have the right to investigate any violation of these Terms & Conditions, unilaterally determine whether you have violated these Terms & Conditions, and take actions under relevant regulations without your consent and with or without prior notice to you.
- Without prejudice to the intellectual property rights of CryptoPunks and any other NFT ecosystem(s) used or referred to in this website, this website, along with all the text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interface, photos, sounds, process flow diagrams, computer code (including html code), programs, software, products, information and documents, as well as the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, look and feel, and layout of any content included in this website, are exclusively owned, controlled and/or licensed by the UNIC’s Owner and/or operators and/or members, and/or parent companies, and/or licensors or affiliates.
- Unless otherwise expressly provided for, all logos, graphics, animations, texts and other content, including functionality, distribution and location of specific elements used on this website are copyright works protected by law.
- The User is entitled to use the works within the scope of permitted private use provided by legal provisions.
- Use beyond the permitted private use requires the prior consent of the UNIC.
Liabilities & Disclaimers
- To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, the UNIC disclaims all warranties for the content and functionality of this website and you agree that all content and functionality are provided to the highest efficiency possible and “as is” or “as available” and the UNIC is not bound by any other oral or written statement or agreement or gesture or practice or standard “doing of business”, but only by the provisions described in the present Terms & Conditions with which the User has agreed and undergone a contractual agreement. Thus, the UNIC disclaims any and all other warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title or non-infringement or warranties arising from course of performance, course of dealing or usage in trade and you waive any such claim against the UNIC, its directors, shareholders, officers, employees, agents, attorneys, service providers and representatives.
- You acknowledge that the website and its content may be susceptible to errors, software malware, third party dysfunctions and other inaccuracies concerning the information or statements provided by the UNIC. Thus, you are being advised to carefully facilitate your own research and reading, and acknowledge that the access to the website and its content is done with your absolute discretion and at your own risk.
- You hereby understand and agree that the UNIC, its directors, shareholders, officers, employees, agents, attorneys, service providers and representatives shall not be liable for any damages, losses or expenses, of you, whether direct, indirect, special, punitive, exemplary, incidental or consequential, arising out or related to the use of this website and its content.
- The User undertakes to indemnify the UNIC, its directors, shareholders, officers, employees, agents, attorneys, service providers and representatives from all claims and to repair any damage (including the costs of legal assistance, any fines, fees or penalties imposed by any state authorities) resulting from or related to the User’s violation of these Terms & Conditions or infringement of legal provisions or rights of third parties.
- The UNIC shall not be liable for any actions or consequences of force majeure, i.e. for events beyond our reasonable control which occurred without our fault, including, but not limited to: embargoes, governmental restrictions, riots, insurrection, wars or other acts of war, acts of terror, social unrest, rebellion, hacking attacks (including DDoS attacks, data theft or destruction), fires, floods, vandalism or sabotage, Pandemics, governmental restrictions or lock-downs.
- The UNIC shall exercise the utmost care in order to protect the website and its content against undesirable interference by third parties or software malware.
Jurisdiction & Applicable Law
- These Terms & Conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of Cyprus without reference to the principles of conflicts of laws thereof.
- Any dispute arising from these Terms & Conditions shall be resolved exclusively in courts of the Republic of Cyprus.
- Entire Agreement. These Terms & Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties regarding the access and use of this website and its content and will supersede all or any prior written or oral statements or agreements between the parties.
- Interpretation and Revision. We reserve the right to alter, revise, modify, and/or change these Terms & Conditions at any time. All changes will take effect immediately upon being published on our website. It is your responsibility to regularly check relevant pages on our website to confirm the latest version of these Terms & Conditions. If you do not agree to any such modifications, your only remedy is to terminate your usage of our website.
- Severability. If any portion of these Terms & Conditions is held invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or enforceability will not affect the other provisions of these Terms& Conditions, which will remain in full force and effect, and the invalid or unenforceable portion will be given effect to the greatest extent possible.